Rio de Janeiro

 

After being discovered by the Portuguese exploration expedition in 1501, which confused it with the mouth of a large river, named as Rio de Janeiro, the Guanabara Bay became the principal access point of the city of Rio de Janeiro.

In the 18th Century, in line with mining developments, the port region of Rio de Janeiro become the main export and import center for the towns of Minas Gerais, from where gold and diamonds left and manufactured goods and other products entered. During the 19th Century, plans for port improvements started to take shape in order to meet the ever- increasing trade demands, with work beginning in 1889. The works transformed Rio, with the demolition of at least three hills in the center, the landfill of thousands of square meters in Guanabara Bay and the extension of the Mangue Canal.

One hundred years have passed since the beginning of construction. The port that started life as the most important harbor of Latin America is now experiencing a new renovation, including expansion and upgrading of public spaces in the region, with the intention of improving the quality of life of its current and future inhabitants, and the environmental, social, and economical sustainability of the area.

INOVAX
The INOVAX office, located on Av. Rio Branco, 4, Floor 4, in the Center of Rio de Janeiro, near to the port area of the city, works as an administrative center, housing the commercial department and production, support and technical assistance laboratories.

Inovax Rio de Janeiro
Av. Rio Branco 4 - Floor 4 – 407 a 408.
Rio de Janeiro – RJ – Center
CEP: 20090-003
Tel. (21) 2103-5550 – Fax (21) 2103-5581