The first settlers from Curitiba arrived on the plateau in the middle of the 17th century in search of the gold found in the region. On March 29, 1693, with the construction of the City Hall, the Vila de Nossa Senhora da Luz dos Pinhais was founded, which would later become the city of Curitiba.
The city became an important commercial stop with the opening of the tropeira road between Sorocaba and Viamão, becoming, in 1853, the capital of the Province of Paraná. Since then, the city, known for its wide streets, has maintained a pace of urban growth strengthened by the arrival of a large number of European immigrants throughout the 19th century, mostly Germans, Poles, Ukrainians and Italians, who contributed to cultural diversity to this day permanent.
The mechanization of the countryside took workers from the countryside to the city. Curitiba received large numbers of migrants. The city invested in urban planning and legislation aimed at controlling its growth, which led it to become internationally famous for its urban innovations and care for the environment. The biggest one was public transport, whose system inspired the transport system implemented in Bogotá, Colombia.
Inovax - Curitiba
Rua Comendador Araújo, 143 - Conj. 191 and 192
Centro - Curitiba - PR
Tel: (41) 3095-3255